Saturday, March 31, 2012

Masterpiece





   4 Hoo-Rahs!




Masterpiece is a sweet book with a lot of cute illustrations.  The story line is interesting but slow.  Being an ADD personality, the books I read have to be fast movers or I'm likely to put them down and not soon return.  This book actually took me 3 months to read.  It wasn't that the story didn't interest me, it's just that it took a long time to get into the plot.

If you and your children are art lovers this book is perfect for you.  Marvin, the beetle, is an exquisite artist who's talents are undiscovered until James enters the picture.  James is a young boy living in New York City, his parents are affluent and his mother borderlines snobbish.  James, his father and Marvin visit an art gallery where Marvin's artistic talents, (in disguise as Jame's talents) are used in an undercover scheme to discover stolen art.  The antics are funny, conversations are great but the plot moves a little too slowly for me.
Overall, it's a fun book, but probably not one I would read again.

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds like it's right up my alley. I majored in art history in college. I'll have to check this book out!

    Debbie: rebbiedeed(at)hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete